Department of Commerce
Department of Commerce was established in June 1968 with Mr. S. A. Somwanshi as the first head of department. Department is offering both UG (B.Com.) and PG (M.Com.) courses. We keep all departmental record like annual plan, various functions, revised syllabus, time table, practical etc. Currently department has 2 full time faculties and 5 faculties are on contract basis. Student strength of the department reached above 500. Department has organized one national conference and five workshops on teaching, learning, evaluation and research.
Scope and importance of the subject:
Commerce is such a subject which has its application in any type of business and industry. In commerce, there is a variety of subjects like financial management, human resource management, accounting, taxation, auditing, banking, insurance etc. The importance of commerce can be underlined as the application of commerce starts with the opening of business till the winding of business. Without commerce, business operations are not possible. For smooth functioning of the business, commerce is essential.
Excellence & Ever Excellence……
Working together with dedication and sincerity to achieve greater academic heights to bring fame and name to the institution and to the individual facilities.
- The Department has organized one national level conference .
- The department has organized four regional level workshops for faculty and student .
- One ongoing Faculty Minor Research Project under UGC Scheme STRIDE – I.
- Two tranning programme have been organized for student on Tally ERP.
Departmental Tours for Student
Number of students
18 Feb. 2020
Shri. Vighnahar Cooperative Sugar Factory, Junnar, Dist. Pune
Departmental Tours for Student:
Number of students
MAHA EXPO, Aurangabad
- To increase student’s participation in various research activities in the department.
- To continue Entrepreneurship Development Program.
- To undertake research project.
- To introduce short term courses to develop skills among the students of commerce faculty.
- Departmental Library
- nking with other colleges as well as private institutes for participative learning.